Tuesday, December 30, 2014

2014 Year End Review; Top 15 Reads

   Toward the middle of the year I found myself writing fewer and fewer reviews. I am not sure why, for some reason I just couldn't make my brain work. I wrote several throughout the year but not nearly enough. So I will take the opportunity now to tell you my Top 15 Reads for this year. At the bottom of this post I will list all books read by me in 2014.
 ~S
15.

What can I say..... Cat and Bones. So much love for this series. This is the final book for the Night Huntress series. For more info on this series, click HERE


14.

Awesome new YA series. There is actually a tie between which book of this series I like best. Book Two Stone Cold Touch (The Dark Elements)is equally as good. JLA did something with this series that I have never seen done before; there was a poll to see who Layla would end up with. Zayne or Roth. Readers voted for their favorite and we will find out who wins when book three is released.


13.

I found the Morganville Vampires series several years ago when I was reading, 'All vampires All the time'. Its one of my all time favorites and I recommend to anyone. Although the series is YA, it becomes more mature as the series progresses. Daylighters was the final book in this series. Want more info on this series, find it HERE.

12.

This is another YA series that I began several years ago, I have loved it since book one. I recommend to everyone! It has also spun a prequel series as well as a spin-off coming soon. For more info on this series, click HERE

11.
This is another series finale that I just have to add to my list. And it will not be the last. I found this series this year and after reading book one I devoured the remaining available books in this series. I could not get enough of them. I read several other books by this author this year but this series, and especially this particular book, really stood out. If you would like more info on this series click HERE

10.
While I am a huge fan of JR Ward, her Fallen Angels series has never been on the top of my list. That being said, I have to tip my hat to the spectacular job she did in bringing this series to an end. It was truly remarkable. If you would like more info on this series, click HERE

9.
This book is truly a touching story. I was so captivated by every single character. Making Faces was my introduction to author Amy Harmon, I look forward to reading more of her work in the future. (Making Faces is a stand-alone read)


8.












The Stage Dive series by Kylie Scott is epic. Who doesn't love a hot steamy romance with even hotter rock gods. Play (Book 2) is centered around Stage Dive drummer Mal Ericson. He just happens to be my favorite of the Stage Dive crew. You have to check this series out. 

7.


"It's a good life, Hazel Grace." If you don't want to cry, do NOT read this book. If you want to read a story that will stay with you for possibly the rest of your life.... read it.

6.
I have no words..... this is by far one of the BEST YA Paranormal/scifi series I have EVER read. If you enjoy this genre you HAVE to read this series. 'Opppsition is the final book in the series. For more info on the Lux series, click HERE

5.

Amazing, amazing read! I read this on a rec from a friend. I was warned beforehand that I should stock up on kleenex. This one was an ass kicker. I loved it so much, after I was done reading I craved more from the charaters. And I had an "I cried too much" headache most of the day. If you can handle an emotional read and aren't afraid of the tears. I highly recommend this one.

4.


This is my final read of 2014 and I am sooooo glad I got it in before the year was up. On the downside I have a massive book hanger and the second book isn't out until April 2015.

3.


This is the year I discovered Jamie Fraser. Sweet baby Jesus..... try not to pant. I have never been a fan of historical romance or the time travel type books, but I have to say that this series (books and TV show) is now in my top obsessions category. I have to say that I feel almost guilty putting it at number 3. But there is no way I can have three #1's. 

2.
The Black Dagger Brotherhood series is near and dear to my heart for several different reason. This installment was quite extraordinary. For more info on this series, click HERE

1.
Maybe Someday is my most recommended read of 2014. I loved this book above and beyond. Having the soundtrack inside the ebook was absolutely amazing and I will not deny my fangirl crush on Griffin Peterson. I have read this book twice, listened to it on audible three times and I play the soundtrack in my car on repeat... when I am alone. My family now rolls their eyes and gives me the "Really, this again" look when they are with me. If you asked me to tell you exactly why I love it so much I don't know if I could really pinpoint a reason, all I can say is, I do, and I wish everyone everywhere would read it. And once you have finished Maybe Someday be sure to read Maybe Not: A Novellawhich is centered around Ridge's (Leading Male Character in Maybe Someday) best friend Warren.





My Full Reading List (in order) for 2014
Left Drowning by Jessica Park
Fall of Night by Rachel Caine
Daylighters by Rachel Caine
Perfect Lie by Teresa Mummert
Dark House by Karina Halle
Red Fox by Karina Halle
Dead Sky Morning by Karina Halle
Up From the Grave by Jeaniene Frost
Lying Season by Karina Halle
The Perfect Distraction by Melissa Rolka
On Demon's Wings by Karina Halle
Into the Hollow by Karina Halle
Come Alive by Karina Halle
Ashes to Ashes by Karina Halle
The Perfect Emotion by Karina Halle
Worn Me Down by TE Sivec
Shame on You by Tara Sivec
Pretty Little Things by Teresa Mummert
Beautiful Bitch by  Christina Lauren
Maybe Someday by Colleen Hoover
The King by JR Ward
Taint by SL Jennings
Mud Vein by Tarryn Fisher
White Trash Love Song by Teresa Mummert
Sins and Needles by Karina Halle
Consequences by Althea Romig (DNF)
Heart of Gold by Jessica Bird
Play by Kyle Scott
Music of the Heart by Katie Ashley
Bloodfever by Karen Marie Moning (Audible)
Blue Moon by Pat Spence
The Destiny of Violet and Luke by Jessica Sorenson
The Fault in our Stars by John Green
Bloodfever by Karen Marie Moning(Audible)
Faefever by Karen Marie Moning (Audible)
Dreamfever by Karen Marie Moning (Audible)
Shadowfever by Karen Marie Moning (Audible)
City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare
Iced by Karen Marie Moning (Audible)
Carnage by Lesley Jones (DNF)
Come to Me Quietly by AL Jackson
Come to Me Softly bu AL Jackson
Beautiful Oblivion by Jamie McGuire
Taming the Storm by Samantha Towle
Hard as it Gets by Laura Kaye (Audible)
Making Faces by Amy Harmon
Lead by Kylie Scott
Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover
Lux Opposition by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Dust to Dust by Karina Halle
Outlander by Diana Gabaldon
Knight by Kristen Ashley
Dragonfly in Amber by Diana Gabaldon
For You by Kristen Ashley
Voyager by Diana Gabaldon
Drums of Autumn by Diana Gabaldon
Immortal by JR Ward
Stay with Me by J. Lynn
Be with Me by J. Lynn
RELLIK by Teresa Mummert
One Night Promised by Jodi Ellen Malpas
White Hot Kiss by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Stone Cold Touch by Jennifer L. Armentrout
One Night Denied by Jodi Ellen Malpas
Sweet Filthy Boy by Christina Lauren
Maybe Not (A Novella) by Colleen Hoover
Bright Side by Kim Holden
Dirty Rowdy Thing by Christina Lauren
Flight by Alyssa Rose Ivy
Love, in English by Karina Halle
Bad Romeo by Leisa Rayven



No comments:

Post a Comment